Earwax is natural substance in the ears for protection of ear and ear canal. However, sometimes, when it builds up, it creates discomfort and hearing difficulties. This article gives you 15 ways to clean your ears off the earwax and these ways are safe and help you not damage the sensitive parts of the ear.
Before you follow, make sure that you do not suffer from ear infection. If you do, clearing away excess wax may lead to perforated eardrum as it protects your ear from infection. Do not proceed if you have or had:
- Problems with irrigation in the past.
- Perforated eardrum within the past year.
- Mucus-like discharge draining from your ear.
1. Saline Solution:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 cup of warm water. Mix until the salt is dissolved.
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution.
- Tilt your ear towards the sky and squeeze the cotton ball so that solution goes inside your ear. Wait.
- Then tilt on the opposite side to drain out the solution along with earwax.
2. Hydrogen peroxide:
- Mix equal parts water and hydrogen peroxide (3%). There are some stronger hydrogen peroxide solutions (6 %+), but they may not be available OTC. Stick with 3% or lower.
- Use a cotton ball, soak it in the solution.
- Squeeze few drops in your ears and wait till the peroxide goes down through wax.
- You will feel a tingling sensation as bubbles fizzle in your ear.
- Tilt on opposite side and drain out.
3. Coconut oil:
- Put few drops of warm organic coconut oil in the affected ear for 5-10 minutes.
- Tilt your head on the other side to drain out the oil with earwax.
- Clean your ear with an ear bud or clean, soft cloth.
4. Sesame oil:
- Put few drops of warm sesame oil in your ear before bedtime.
- Place the cotton ball and leave it for 10 minutes or overnight.
- The wax rises up to the surface. Clean it with cotton swab.
5. Baby or mineral oil:
- Fill a medicine dropper with either of the oils and squeeze 4-5 drops into the ear.
- Allow oil to set for few minutes by placing cotton ball in the ear
- Remove the cotton and tilt to drain out the oil.
- Use saline spray or water at room temperature to flush out Earwax.
Check Out more of these on the NEXT page