Does your child often complain about having a runny nose and a congested chest? If that is the case then you must have tried n number of medications and other ways to treat them. But here are few home made remedies that can work wonders for them!
Inhaling steam can help in clearing the nasal tract and free it from the mucus that causes a running nose or sneezing. For babies younger than 8 months, shut the door of your washroom, turn the shower on hot and change it into a steam room. Make your baby sit there for 10-15 minutes and repeat it 2-3 times a day.
2. Asafoetida, Mustard oil with garlic
- Crush and heat a garlic clove. Add half a teaspoon of carom seeds/ajwain powder or celery seed, 2-1-2 tablespoon of mustard oil and 3 pinches of asafoetida.
- Add 2 drops of camphor oil.
- Apply and massage this mixture on your baby’s body, 2-3 times a day.
3. Coconut Oil With Camphor Oil
- Warm 1-1 and a half teaspoon of coconut oil along with 1-2 drops of camphor oil.
- Apply it on the baby’s nose and entire body every night.
Note: test this mixture by applying little amount on small skin area of baby before applying it over entire body.
Check Out more of these on the NEXT page