These Side Effects Will Force You To Stop Eating A Chewing Gum
It is believed that chewing on a chewing gum for along while can act as a good exercise for your mouth and can tone your facial muscles. But chewing gums can have a detrimental effect on one’s health as they are filled with artificial unhygienic colors, flavors, toxic chemicals, and unhealthy sweeteners. Dentists say that chewing sugar-free gum can prevent and reduce cavities and plaque still there are various reasons you should stop having it.
The ingredients used in making Chewing gums are:
- Synthetic polymers and latex
- Oils made from sheep’s wool generate a substance called lanolin.
- Neurotoxic sweeteners
- Polyethylene, polyvinyl acetate
- Aspartame- linked to cancer, neurological disorders, birth defects, diabetes and tinnitus.
- High fructose corn syrup- can lead obesity, diabetes, cancer
- Styrene rubber
- Rice bran wax
- Plasticizing materials (softeners)
- Acesulfame Potassium
- Calcium Pep tone, calcium Phosphate
- Glycerol ester of dimerized rosin
- Moderately hydrogenated wood rosin or gum
- Stearic acid
- Titanium Dioxide (so cancerous that external skin contact is enough)
- Salts of carrageenan
- Sodium and potassium stearates
- Gellan gum
- Synthetic and natural terpene resins
- Synthetic substances
- Isobutylene-isoprene co-polymer (butyl rubber)
- (Synthetic) petroleum wax
- Artificial and ‘Natural’ Flavoring
Potential Threats Of Eating A Chewing Gum
1. It utilizes valuable digestive enzymes
“Chewing motivates the discharge of digestive enzymes to get ready for food that never enter in the stomach. It utilizes our precious digestive enzyme stock of these valuable, live proteins on the worthless activity of chewing gum.”
“If you chew gum often between your meals, it is very possible that you are consuming your digestive enzyme reserves, so when next time you eat your meal; you won’t have sufficient digestive enzymes to fully digest your meal. It is conceivable then, that frequent gum chewing gum can provide the perfect backdrop for the growth of digestive disorder over time.”
2. Mercury threat
“Perhaps the most significant reason to give up chewing gum is that it generates mercury from dental fillings. People with dental silver fillings who chew gum for more than 5 hours daily had considerably higher levels of mercury in the blood and urine than other people with silver fillings.”
3. Pregnancy period
“Pregnant women who have silver fillings, chewing gum can be harmful to the fetus. So many pregnant women chew gum to help reduce heartburn and indigestion.”
4. Harmful ingredients to young children
- Cinnamon flavoring can lead to mouth sores.
- Liquorice flavoring can cause high blood pressure.
- Sorbitol, the sugar-free sweetener, has been linked to diarrhea.
source : www.goindiya.com
Do SHARE this post with all your friends and family. Don’t forget to COMMENT in the box below.