Tragedies can happen and no one can do anything about it. The only thing that saves anybody from a tragedy is alertness and quickness. 5-year-old not only saved his little sister and dog’s life but of the whole family when he house was on fire. He rescued his little sister and dog through the bedroom window.
5-year-old Noah Woods of Bartow County, Georgia has been declared the hero of their neighborhood after he saved the lives of all his family members when their house caught fire. The electrical fire started because on February 9, and Noah woke up to flames and smoke. He first made sure that his 2-year-old sister was safe.
Noah shares his room with his 2-year-old sister and their dog. Thus, once he woke up to smoke and flames he quickly made sure that his sister and dog were okay. He got out of his bedroom window and dropped his sister and dog at a safe place. Then he rushed back in to wake up his uncle who in turn woke up the other members of the family.
Bartow County Fire Department Chief Dwayne Jamison shared in an interview, “Our hero! 5 year old Noah Woods recently woke up to find his bedroom on fire. The only available exit was a window. He got himself, his 2-year-old sister, and dog out of the window to escape the fire and woke his uncle up next door to alert the rest of the family. Noah and 4 other family members were treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation. Noah is credited for saving himself and 7 other family members. On Friday BCFD Chief Dwayne Jamison will recognize him as an Honorary Bartow County Firefighter and present him with a Lifesaving Award.”
Not only that but he also received a life-saving award from the Bartow County Fire Department. The fire department on Friday declared on their Facebook page that “A very special day today as BCFD honored our little hero Noah Woods who recently saved his family from a house fire. Noah was made an Honorary Firefighter and received a Lifesaving Award from BCFD. Bartow County Commissioner Steve Taylor proclaimed today Noah Woods Day in Bartow County.”
A very special day today as BCFD honored our little hero Noah Woods who recently saved his family from a house fire….
Because of the fire, the family has completely lost their house. Nothing could be saved due to which Noah’s grandfather David Woods opened a GoFundMe page. David shared “Due to a recent lapse in our home insurance, this has made a difficult situation a little worse. We are planning to rebuild and will likely need to stay in a motel for some time and likely rent a small house while we work to earn funding and build.”
David further shared “We thank God for our Noah and his heroic actions. If it wasn’t for Noah, we may not be here today.” The heroic actions of the five-year-old have left many readers and neighbors stunned and amazed.
The amount of quickness and alertness the five-year-old had saved the lives of all the family members. Otherwise, all the family members would have lost their lives to the electrical fire that broke out in the house. Even Noah was sleeping but woke up because of smoke and then saw the flames. None of the other members even knew what was happening and were soundly sleeping.